- Induce a significant shift of truck traffic to the off-hours.
- Bring about significant improvements in traffic congestion
and environmental conditions.
- Increase the competitiveness of NYC via tax deductions to
local businesses, productivity increases from improved traffic
conditions, and significant reductions in parking fines.
- Once the concept has been designed and developed, it will
be demonstrated in a small scale field deployment test.
- The proposed project specifically addresses the two key
objectives identified in the DTPH56-06-BAA-0002 document because it
- develop Commercial Remote Sensing and Spatial
Information (CSR&SI) for collecting real-time data about
- apply integrated CSR&SI into a robust space
based monitoring system for managing congestion pricing options.
Furthermore, because of the nature of the technology involved, i.e.,
inexpensive GPS smart phones, the project is expected to impact most,
if not all, the instances identified in the DTPH56-06-BAA-0002
solicitation, including: port congestion, intermodal congestion,
intersection congestion, congestion at and around incidents and work
zones and at critical gateways in the NYC metro area.